Samstag, 22. Oktober 2011

Vegan MoFo 12 / Pumpkin Barley Risotto

I am still in the middle of my preparations for my A-Level exam next friday, so I'm just popping in to share a delicious & easy recipe with you....


Pumpkin Barley Risotto
feeds 4-5 people



Ingredients:
250 gr pearl barley, rinsed
1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, finely cut
veggie broth

1/2 butternut, peeled and cubed 
olive oil
dried herbs 
salt & pepper
 2 Tbsp. oat cream

optional toppings: nutritional yeast, chopped nuts, pumpkin seed oil, vegan cheese


those were just half of my butternut pieces
Preheat oven to 180°C (350F). Start by preparing your butternut. After you've peeled and cubed it, place the pieces in a large bowl. Add some olive oil, so all pieces are lightly (!) coated. Now add salt & pepper, some dried herbs, and more spices if you like. Spread on a baking tray, lined with parchment paper and roast for about 25 minutes, until tender.


Heat olive oil in a pan, and add the finely cut onion. Sautee for a few minutes, and add the well rinsed pear barley. Stir good and just before the barley will stick to the pan, add veggie broth, until well covered. Let cook for 25 - 30 minutes, and until all excess liquid is gone.


When the butternut pieces are ready, puree with oat cream. Add more cream if you like. Now add the butternut mixture to the barley risotto, stir and let cook for a few minutes. You can still add optional toppings, or fold in some vegan cheese pieces, as I did.




Enjoy!
Florence

9 Kommentare:

  1. This looks so good. Thanks for sharing it. Good luck with your examines.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. This looks delicious. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Good luck with your exam. I am glad you had time to share this great recipe! I had fun making it and it was so delicious.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Hard to believe I haven't gotten around to making risotto at home. It looks super yummy! :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. wow, I'll try this to cook in the next few days; it seemed tasting so delicious!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. This looks exquisite! I absolutely love risotto!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. yummm, i love barley, so I just might have to try this! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. That barley looks amazing! I'm definitely going to try your recipe.

    AntwortenLöschen