Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2011

Vegan MoFo VII / Carrot Cake





Lately I've been studying a lot... I guess I'm getting somewhere with all this information! To take my mind off things, I like to bake! And what's a better excuse than Vegan MoFo!? The whole thing is a bit overwhelming, how the hell am I supposed to get through 200-300 blog posts everyday?? So I'm just picking out the really good stuff and the ones with beautiful pictures... lots of inspiration there!












Vegan Carrot Cake
with Lemon icing and candied nuts
yields a 8×8″ cake

Ingredients:
1 cup + 2 Tbsp. spelt flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. ground flax seed
90 ml warm water
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup shredded carrots
1 c pecans, chopped
Directions:
Preheat oven to 180°C (350F). Line your pan with parchment paper or grease it. In a large bowl mix together ground flax seed and water, let stand for a few minutes. Sift together dry ingredients in an other small bowl. Add sugar and oil to the flax seed mixture and beat. Add vanilla extract and carrots and mix until combined. Now add the dry and stir until well incorporated. Fold in pecans and pour into your pan. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes.

Lemon Icing
100 gr powdered sugar
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. hot water
Sift powderer sugar in a bowl and add lemon juice and hot water, mix until well incorporated. I used it as a filling as well as a frosting.
Candied nuts
1/2 cup pecans
1 Tbsp. vegan butter
2 Tbsp.  sugar
Melt vegan butter on medium heat in a pan, add nuts and sprinkle in sugar. Stir + watch well, until the sugar has melted, the nuts are roasted and caramel has formed. Let cool and sprinkle on the icing! 
 Enjoy, 
Florence

9 Kommentare:

  1. I made a carrot cake too

    *high fives*

    Yours looks dee-lish, someone else posted a carrot cake today as well...great minds think alike.
    :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. What beautiful pictures and a gorgeous cake! Did you save a slice for me? :) xo, Cara

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. The carrot cake looks so beautiful! And I've been studying a lot, too - but I literally have no time to bake, and it's killing me. :( Good luck with your studies, lady!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Look at that icing!! Loooove it. <3

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. this looks so beautiful AND delicious! the perfect autumn dessert ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. wow... just looking at this warms my heart :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. This carrot cake looks incredible! The lemon icing sounds like it is a perfect match for it too. I will have to try doing that.

    AntwortenLöschen